Tuesday, May 12, 2009

someone told me
i was deeply in debt and barely covering the interest charges
and i prayed to god to help me out of this problem
because it was eating up the income of my entire family
every child would alternate paying the debt off and paying family expenses
from their salary
netting nothing
and having less than needed
so i prayed to god to deliver us

and you asked me to do something for you
this was probably an oblique answer
the way god perhaps answers
in my mind i already told myself to say it would cost you this much
and i had been rehearsing it from the house to our meeting
when you asked though
the correct answer came out
my mouth didn't say what was in my head
the way god perhaps answers

it would have been so easy

on the way home i told my son what i'd nearly done

and now i'm telling you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home